The EM2001 is a full-featured Tibbo BASIC/C-programmable IoT Board with Ethernet, as well as optional Wi-Fi*, BLE** (Bluetooth Low-Energy), and GPRS*** connectivity. The EM2001 has four UARTs. The board offers substantial speed and functionality improvements over its predecessor — the original EM1001 device.
The board is self-sufficient — it does not require a host PCB to plug into. The RJ45 jack is mounted directly on the board. The EM2001 also contains a DC-DC regulator that can power the board and has an additional current budget for external hardware.
The device's capabilities are further enhanced by the onboard flash memory hosting a hardened fault-tolerant file system, as well as the EEPROM and RTC with a backup battery.
The EM2001 has 56 general-purpose I/O lines and can control an external LCD, keypad, buzzer, card readers, serial devices, and other circuitry. All I/O lines are accessible through two dual-row connectors with the standard 2.54mm (100mil) pitch.
The EM2001 is a close relative of the EM2000 IoT module.
* Requires the WA2000 or GA1000 add-ons, which can be connected externally or piggybacked on top of the EM2001.
** Requires the WA2000 add-on, which can be connected externally or piggybacked on top of the EM2001.
*** Requires a standard GPRS modem (i.e., Simcom's SIM900) to be connected to a UART of the EM2001.
- 32-bit architecture.
- Powered by Tibbo OS (TiOS).
- 10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port with RJ45/magnetics.
- Optional Wi-Fi interface (requires the WA2000 or GA1000add-ons).
- Optional BLE interface (requires the WA2000 add-on module).
- Can control a GPRS modem* (such as the SIM900).
- Four high-speed serial ports (CMOS):
- Baudrates of up to 460,800bps;
- None**/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7** or 8 bits/character;
- Full-duplex mode with RTS/CTS and XON/XOFF flow control;
- Half-duplex mode with direction control;
- Encoding and decoding of Wiegand and clock/data streams.
- 56 general-purpose I/O lines; 8 lines can work as interrupts.
- Square wave output (can be used for buzzer* control).
- 4-channel ADC.
- 4 synchronous serial ports with SPI and I2C modes.
- Supports a 320x240 TFT LCD*.
- Supports matrix and binary output keypads*.
- RTC with backup battery.
- 66KB SRAM for Tibbo BASIC/C variables and data.
- 1MB flash for TiOS and application code.
- Additional 1MB flash for the hardened fault-tolerant file system.
- 2048-byte EEPROM for data storage.
- Three status LEDs onboard:
- Green and red main status LEDs;
- Yellow Ethernet link LED.
- Two control lines for external green and red main status LEDs;
- Software-controlled PLL allows selecting full, medium, or low speed.
- Reliable power-on/ brown-out reset circuit.
- Powering options:
- Through the switching regulator, 12VDC nominal (8 ~ 20V);
- Using regulated 3.3V power (the regulator is bypassed).
- The regulator can provide up to 1.3A @ 3.3V to external devices.
- Power: 100mA @ 3.3V (100Base-T mode, full speed).
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 75 x 36 x 17.5mm***.
- Operating temperature range: -40 ~ +80°C.
- Firmware is upgradeable through:
- The serial port;
- Ethernet LAN; or
- Over-the-air (requires the WA2000 and an iOS or Android device).
- Tibbo BASIC/C application can be debugged through the Ethernet LAN.
- CE- and FCC-certified.
*Must be connected externally.
**The EM2001 does not support the combination of the 7 bits/character mode and the "none" parity mode.
***Not including RJ45, power jack, GA1000.