Bus Probes are a family of environmental sensors with an RS485 interface. The probes communicate using the standard Modbus RTU protocol.
At the moment, Tibbo offers four types of probes: an ambient temperature sensor (BP#01), an ambient temperature and humidity sensor (BP#02), an ambient light sensor (BP#03), and a three-axis accelerometer (BP#04).
Bus Probes are typically wired to a twisted pair cable that distributes power and carries RS485 "+" and "-" lines. All probes accept a supply voltage from 4V to 15V, allowing you to power them with 5V sources (for example, the 5V output of Tibbit #00-3) or standard 12V power supplies. The wide supply voltage range also means that you can allow for a significant voltage drop along the bus (e.g., when using a bus cable of considerable length).
Bus Probes are very compact (measuring only 40x36mm externally) and sport an attractive look and feel. Each sensor has two mounting holes for attaching it to walls and other surfaces.
Bus Probes can be configured and tested using our web-based test app (you will need to connect the probes to your PC via our Web485 board). Tibbo also offers a browser-based test kit (see BP-TEST-WEB-KIT below), which consists of four Bus Probes (one of each type), a Web485 board, and the necessary cables.
Two Tibbo Project System (TPS), Gen. 2-compatible Tibbo BASIC applications for the setup and testing of Bus Probes are available: BP-Tester-UI and BP-Tester-Web. We also offer a TPS-based test kit (see BP-TEST-KIT below), which consists of four Bus Probes (one of each type), a TPS2L(G2) preloaded with the BP-Tester-UI app, and the necessary cables.
||Half-duplex (two-wire) RS485 interface
|Power supply range
(ambient temperature sensor)
- Measurement range: -40°C to 125°C1
- Measurement resolution: 0.25°C
- Measurement accuracy: ±1°C2
(ambient temperature and humidity sensor)
- Temperature measurement:
- Measurement range: -25 to 50°C
- Measurement resolution: 0.5°C
- Measurement accuracy: not specified3
- Humidity measurement:
- Measurement range: 10 to 90% RH
- Measurement resolution: 0.1% RH
- Measurement accuracy: ±5% RH4
- Temperature range for valid humidity measurements: 5°C to 50°C
(ambient light sensor)
- Measurement range: 1 to 65528 lux
- Measurement resolution: 1 lux
- Measurement accuracy: 1 lux
- Independent X, Y, and Z axes
- Measurement range for each axis: ±6G
- Measurement resolution for each axis: 0.003G
- Measurement accuracy for each axis: 0.1G
|Operating temperature range
||-40°C to +85°C
|Operating relative humidity
(excluding terminal blocks)
|40.0 x 36.0 x 19.0 mm
Stwórz nowe konto